- My whole life has revolved around art. I have taken inspiration from countless artists, and art is how I deal with my problems or even how I celebrate happiness. However, there are two artists that have influenced me more than most. Salvador Dali inspired me to create something magical everyday, whether it be good or bad. He even inspired my drawing and painting style. However, I would never make it anywhere with art if I never had the inspiration to live life to the fullest and to truly be myself. That’s where Charlie Chaplin comes in. Chaplin inspires me to live life like no one is watching. He inspires me to be myself and never let anyone drag me down.
“Have no fear of perfection – you’ll never reach it.”
- When I read this quote I think of myself. I have always been one to try to reach for perfection, yet I realise that no one and nothing is perfect. Perfection is a goal that is impossible to reach. Dali is essentially saying that you are going to make mistakes, so don’t waste your time trying to be perfect when it is impossible.
“Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings.”
- This quote is much more self-explanatory in my opinion. It is simply saying that it doesn’t matter how smart or how good you are at something if you don’t have any drive to use what you have to make something amazing, just as a bird is useless without its wings even though it knows how to fly.
“A day without laughter is a day wasted.”
- I use this quote every day of my life. I have always strongly believed in an optimistic and forward thinking lifestyle. I do my best to smile and laugh everyday hoping that I can help other people to do the same thing. Life is too short to just saunter around aimlessly with a hanging head. I look at it as every day is the greatest gift that I have ever received.
“We think too much and feel too little.”
- This quote could not be more true today. All people care about is their jobs and who celebrities are dating. People no longer care about eachother, no one comes up to me and asks how my day was anymore. People are just glued to their phone worried of what people might think of them. Nobody reaches out to help someone in fear that they might get mistaken or judged.
- Art is the one thing in this world that everyone can do and the only thing that everyone can interpret completely differently. There is no wrong way to make or interpret art and that’s what makes it amazing. Art has been my outlet for my whole life. Whether, I’m going through hard times or even in the best mood possible, I look to art for help, motivation, or even joy. It’s the only way that I will ever feel complete. “If there’s no life in art then there’s no reason for art to be in life.” (yes that is an original quote)