“I don’t make music for the eyes. I make music for ears.”-Adele
- Rather than giving in to the skinny, model appearance, Adele has created her own image that suites her music and inspires many women that you don’t have to look like a Barbie doll to make it to the top. By working hard for her success, Adele has captured the attentions of music lovers everywhere who are here to listen to great lyrics rather than to just look at a pretty face.
“I don’t want to be a celebrity. I don’t want to be in peoples faces, you know,constantly on covers of magazines that I haven’t even known I’m on.”-Adele
- Adele is again referencing how the music industry selects these icons to build up by putting them in the spotlight, on multiple magazine covers, and booking them hundreds of interviews, which she chooses to ignore and continue on her own career path.
¨Art is not what you see but what you make others see¨-Edgar Degas
- Edgar is saying that art is not just a painting or a thing but its what you are able to make other see from you it and what there able to get from it.
¨Painting is easy when you don´t know how,but very difficult when you do.¨ -Edgar Degas
- what this quote is saying is that as we mature in our work weather it be art or not at first we you don´t know what were doing exactly so its all good but when we get more skilled at it we see that its harder to see the good.
“I probably hold the distinction of being one movie star who, by all laws of logic, should never have made it. At each stage of my career, I lacked the experience.”-Audrey Hepburn
- By the end of her career, Audrey Hepburn had felt as if she was not meant to be an actress. The lack of experience made her doubt her acting abilities. This shows that even the greatest of icons have their uncertainty about them selves.
“I was asked to act when I couldn’t act. I was asked to sing ‘Funny Face’ when I couldn’t sing, and dance with Fred Astaire when I couldn’t dance – and do all kinds of things I wasn’t prepared for. Then I tried like mad to cope with it.”-Audrey Hepburn
- Once Audrey was given an opportunity to try something new, she would do everything in her power to be the best at it. Audrey’s passion for acting made her strive to study her lines to perfection and in return her acting career took off due to her persistence of skillfully learning the art. Audrey Hepburn soon became a household name after her determination and unplanned stardom.
¨Every child is an artist.The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up.¨-Pablo Picasso
- What Pablo is trying to say is that when we’re younger we can express ourselves easily through art.However when we’re older it’s harder as society says what you’re doing isn’t art or they judge what you do as not good enough, so just try to express yourself the best way you can through art and other outlets.
¨I paint objects as i think them,not as i see them¨-Pablo Picasso
- In this quote Pablo is saying that with art you can not just paint what you see but also what it makes you feel/think.In art sometimes you have to take a step back and look at your work and think about it as more than just a painting or a song.
Art to me is all about showing individuality and is another way to say what you want to say by not speaking. Art is not just in paintings its in the words and writing of the performer. You can find it in all shapes or forms it has no language no race it’s just art.-Julie
I see art as a way a person can display how their mind thinks, their look on the meaning of life, and how far their imagination expands. Art can be worn, sketched, edited, and can be put into the most exotic and unique appearances. Art is a human right that everyone is given at birth and whether we choose to express it or not is our choice.-Charlotte